Last weekend was a good one - I not only found a "new" stained glass resource (to me, of course), but I went to the Maryland Sheep and Wool Festival on the MOST gorgeous day!
The glass store I "found" not only is a huge warehouse/library of glass, but it's within an hour of my house - I'm never buying online and paying for shipping again!!!!
So finally, with final dimensions in hand and pattern printed and cut, I got down to the basement this weekend and started to cut glass for the Clematis window! I learned a new (to me) technique today, allowing me to cut many compound curves out of a single sheet of glass, so I can have a consistent "swirl flow" for the background of the piece! This took a little trial and error, but I am so excited to be able to have a background that flows through the design. I won't be able to see the fruits of this effort until the piece is finished, soldered and hanging with light behind it...
Can't wait to start cutting the red glass for the flowers!